Tuesday, November 23, 2010

LOOK A PICASSO



LOOK MOM….PICASSO




What God painted
carved from pine with acrylic paint by Robert Margetts


Till this day I will never understand

why mother took the whip to my little hand.
I did what she said
and showed my skill.
All on the wall, not a spill
First black and then some red
rolled it
mixed it
to create the head.
Picasso would have been ever so proud,
not too abstract and not to loud.
Next came the blue and white
and the orange, perhaps a bit too gaudy,
mixed it together to form the body.

At this stage I was interrupted.
My career as an artist abruptly cut short
by a whip or a stick of some sort.
A quick rap on my knuckles
delivered her message.
And I dropped
the brush


to later pick up the pen
and now write stores of life at age ten.

No comments: