Monday, November 22, 2010

LIVER AT NINE

LIVER AT NINE




last nights dinner special
carved from pine by Robert Margetts

A clank of the dinner bell sealed my fate
Evil stepmother dumped a slab of liver upon my plate
Fried 5 hours pass its time
In the pan at 4:00 and out at nine

I looked in horror and in distain
This glob of glitch should be flushed down the drain.
No, not the drain, that would not do
It would clog the pipes as quick as crazy glue.

And to my surprise I began to believe
This burnt slab of snot actually laughed at me.
It jerked and twitched and sang an evil ballad
As it cowered for shelter beneath my dinner salad.

This was a shock, I must declare
But what came next cannot compare.
The beans and the beets out of the blue
Leap frogged the asparagus and crashed into the tomato stew.

Without remorse and to no debate
I opened my napkin and cleared my plate.
Unfortunately for me, my luck ran short
Evil stepmother growled and gave a bellowing snort.

“I see you crave liver as do I”
“And for desert, I cooked your favorite…Brussel Sprout Pie!”

No comments: